APPLICATION FOR UNDERGRADUATE CADETSHIPS-2011 (Payment Basis), GENERAL SIR JOHN KOTELAWALA DEFENCE UNIVERSITY
General Sir John Kothlawala Defence University(KDU) is recognized by the university Grants Commission and is a member of the Association of the Commonwealth univesities,uk.
Degree Programmes offered
Bachelor of Science(Bsc) in Civil / Mechanical /Electrical & Electronic / Marine /Aeronautical Engineerng
(Duration : 04 1/2 years(Inclusive of a six months industrial Training)
Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
Duration: 4 years
Bachelor of Science(Bsc) in Logistics Management
- Majoring in Accounting
- Majoring in Transport Management
- Majoring in Supply chain Management
Duration: 3 years
Bachelor of Science(Bsc) in Social Sciences
Duration: 3 years
- be not less than 18 years and not more than 22 years of age on the closing date of applications
- have a minimum of three(3) simple (s) passes at the G.C.E(A/L) or an equivalent qualification at London(A/L) Examination
- have a minimum of a credit pass for English Language at the G.C.E(O/L) or an equivalent qualification at London (O/L) Examination
- be unmarried
Application forms and other relevant details including course fee,can be downloaded from university web site:
Applications should accompany a receipt obtained by paying "LKR 600/=" to be credited to the A/C No. "9405831" of the "Bank of ceylon, Idama Branch,Moratuwa."
"Application for Undergraduate Cadetship (Fee-levying)" & the degree programme applied for should be written on the top of the corner of the envelope.
Duly completed application forms with copies of educational certificates and the birth certificate to be forwarded under registered cover to "Registrar,General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University,Ratmalana,Sri Lanka." on or before 19.08.2011.
After the successful completion of the Degree programme,candidates can secure civil employment locally or aboard.Those candidates who join the volunteer forces of the Tri-services will be entitled for all pay & allowances applicable for service Cadests.